What's New? Lemme Tell Ya Something....

Yes, I am still alive and well...although I was a little worried at times...Went through one of my hospital phases, in and out 3 times in 2 weeks during april, so that slowed me down a bit..i am much better now though, and ready to talk about some art making fun! I am going to show you a few of the things I have been making lately...hang on, because it has be a lot of stuff and I want you to see the majority of it!

1. Displays for mini art, atc's, tags, note card art, etc...I made two of these...the other has a head that looks kind of like a harlequin or a court jester...both are adorable when loaded up with mini art! All i used was scraps of fabric, lace,  and beads, craft sticks or dowels for the "arms", and the inside is a paper towel roll....these would be perfect for yourself, or as a gift for that arty person that has everything aLREady...

2. The other thing I have been working on is tiny little books that come in their own handmade box with the title on the outside, and a handwritten book on the inside. I don't think I have a pic of those, but they are about matchbook size....

3. I have been making a TON of tags, small, medium , large, with folding sides, you name it..I even have tags that have tags on them and another teensy tag inside of that one as well, lol...I get a little carried away with the mini stuff sometimes...here are a few examples of random tags AND ATC'S AND NOTE CARDS + ENVELOPES I have made lately.




















As you can see, I have been pretty busy lately, as this is just a small sampling of what I have done...I am also working on a new concept that I have a few volunteers working on within the next few weeks. if all goes well, i will write about it here and fill you in on all of the details!

I have been thinking about doing a few short tutorials on techniques, since I am always experimenting with different ways to make a mess..uh-i mean art....with me it is always a mess, whether it is art or not may be debatable, lol

I have re-opened my shop, and it is getting full of some nice things! Beautiful 14kt and 18kt gold earrings, Joan Rivers, Nolan Miller, mexican silver and turquoise, a 73 inch long tiger's eye necklace...(yes I said 73 INCHES long!!) so many other beautiful items. An Etruscan fob charm bracelet that is to die for, silver and gold necklaces, chains and matching bracelets, beautiful pieces, every one of them..and of course I am adding in some art and journals as I go...you really need to come check it out at Laura's Uniques - lOLO's Vintage Sparkle and Shine. "LOLO" has become a nickname for me lately, so there ya go, lol...


But, I would love to have you come browse and see if you have anything interesting that you might ant to know more about. If so, be sure to CONVO me and I will be right back...

Ok, long blog post, huh? I am going to go for now and go work some more on my art quilt I am just starting..after I get a bit finished, I will show you my progress...

****My Technique Tip for this time is***.....You can make watercolors permanent by using textile medium with them! Either wet the entire area you are going to paint with the textile medium first, or even spray the are with it after you are finished painting..I think the first method would be the best personally...then, when all is dry, heat set it using either your heat gun or even use your iron or preferably, your craft iron....put a piece of wax paper and then another sheet of thin paper on top of your art, and then use the iron. Never put the iron on the painted spot without something between the paint and the iron or you will be cleaning your iron for while after...this works on paper as well as fabrics..just use lots of medium and really heat set it well...

Ok, see ya later and Happy Creating!!!

Laura
"LOLO"

Laura's Uniques on Etsy
LOLO's Vintage Sparkle and Shine


Comments

Follower Favorites